Work methodology of TRAFSAF project is elaborated through seven work package types, encompassing in total 35 activities necessary to achieve project aims and objectives. Precise milestones and delivery dates as well as the content of the deliverables are defined in a detailed work plan.
The overall aim of the project TRAFSAF is to support modernization of HEIs in Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo* in the field of transport and traffic engineering by introducing new curricula, and to improve knowledge o traffic safety professionals, based on EU HEIs best practices and recommendations of National strategies for traffic safety in the Western Balkans.
The modernised laboratories with the latest hardware and software equipment for simulations, where the students will gain practical knowledge that can be immediately applied, and the up-to-date library units will contribute to innovative new study programmes. This equipment will be also used for training of professionals.
The sustainability of the project will be ensured with the following outcomes:
1) at least eight new undergraduate/master programs in the field of transport and traffic engineering (by introducing the new courses from the field of traffic safety) at the WB partner HEIs will be developed, accredited (where required) and implemented
2) four new training programmes in traffic safety (one per each WB partner country) with training materials for traffic safety professionals developed and conducted
3) retrained teaching staff through study visits with up-to-date knowledge in traffic safety to teach on the new undergraduate/master programmes
4) advanced teaching and learning process introduced
5) introduced new laboratory equipment, library units and software necessary for the continuation of the new undergraduate/master programmes
The Kick-off meeting of the project will be held in Kosovska Mitrovica on January 15th and 16th 2019